Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: "Spooky" experiences?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline spacedumpster

• View Profile
"Spooky" experiences?
« on: October 18, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
So I have been experimenting with my MIDI Sprout for quite a few hours now and was curious if any other users have had any peculiar instances of communicating with their plants.

I myself experienced one session with my jade plant, in which every time I mentioned the word "water", she would let out a particular tone in a much higher octave than she had been singing in previously.
Taking this as a sign, I brought her a drink, at which point she began to sing in the octave containing the tone she seemed to associate with me mentioning water!

I have also had several sessions in which I would hum, whistle, or even simply think a particular series of notes and the plant would play them back for me!

I can extrapolate all sorts of magical ideas upon these experiences, and would love to know if anyone else has shared similarly profound moments with their plants!

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: "Spooky" experiences?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
Ooh very spooky! 

The 'parroting' response, I have found, is most recognized when only a single person is in a room - as it is easier to understand your own actions as a 'stimulus' and more accurately identify a coincidental 'response'.

I would argue that it is less that a plant understands a particular spoken word (water) and more of the speaker's 'intended' message.  Some thoughts have a certain sound, that being equivalent to a form.

I'm so happy that you are having fun with your experimentation. 

Offline cannatunes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:18:47 PM »

Hey there I have been working with plant consciousness for years now and I can say for a fact that they are reading your mind for sure!

Offline Eben

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
Wild

Offline Thomas Hansen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 08:16:13 PM »
I would definitely like to talk to you is there any way to contact you voice? I have experimented with other equipment on plant conscious experiments, Midi sprout is in the mail so it would be great to go over what you have done and Id love to give a go at it.

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »
Thomas, I suggest you read over all of the threads in the forum, there aren't too many.  We touch upon many of the key points for getting started, and there are many links and videos. 

If you are interested, perhaps you could host a Biodata Sonification Live Hangout, and I am sure that I as well as others from the community would attend the discussion.

-sam