Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: Gazing At The Sparkling Light Of The Evening Sun by a Rubber Tree / in Reason 9+  (Read 747 times)

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
Dear MIDI-Sprout fans!

I would like to share with you a 21 minutes long Ambient soundscape called Gazing At The Sparkling Light Of The Evening Sun, which invites the listener into an intimate moment with our beautiful Sun. Sometimes we are spoiled with a breathtaking sight of a fantastically colorful nature play. And that's exactly what i tried to capture with this soundworld. Just by the way., the recording involved a Rubber tree. This is one of my first experiments and i'm still in awe of it's provided complexity and the whole arrangement. Couldn't make up my mind when to stop the recording session as it went on & on with all kind of variations. Despite the wealth of ideas there is a noticeable pattern.

I strongly believe that the Rubber tree took advantage of the provided reflection, as i confronted it with it's doing through speakers. My part was only to prepare the whole setup, create the patches, soundpaint and polish during the EQing and do the mastering at the end. Everything else has been directed by the Rubber tree! The recording and patch creation took place inside Propellerhead Reason's sequencer & Studio rack. The soundworld is based on three layers. Of course, the crickets aren't played by the plant as it's a sample recorded in a forest at nights which perfectly underlines the soundcape's mood. Everything else is controlled and composed by the Rubber tree.

I became a big fan of this creation method and will definitely add MIDI-Srpout in my journey through soundworlds, together with Mother Nature. :) You can download the music on my website, scroll down until you get to see a cover with the Sun or press on the cover, as presented below:

Much Love
Nicola

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:24:49 PM by Nicola Alexandra Hajdu »

Offline hokano

• View Profile
Great track I'm just starting out with my sprout it adds a whole new dimension to the creative process

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
Hi hokano!

I'm glad you like it. Indeed, MIDI-Sprout ignites different ways to perceive and create Art. Prior MIDI-Sprout i was used to either do my own thing or take pieces from other Artists on Allihoopa, by shaping and integrating them in Ambient soundworlds. With MIDI-Sprout comes an unique possibility to invite Mother Nature and i have say the variation and natural spontaneity always fascinates me.

Plants are also able to learn and adapt but this requires a deeper friendship and patience worth a try. Many need to RE-think how they approach Nature and treat their houseplants. As being part of an hurry-up society we are used to demand for quick services and actions, ....it feels like we are running out of time while time itself is an illusion plus artificial concept not known to Nature.

The well-known natural cycles such Day/Night, Seasons etc... don't follow the clock nor the Gregorian calendar.  Currently i'm awaiting my second MIDI-Sprout. Had to re-order again because i caused a short-circuit and this - most-likely - has blown the chips. Sam told me that this could have been avoided with modified electrodes, by adding voltage/current protection.

However, i'm sure you will enjoy your collaborations with Mother Nature. Unique experiences to be expected. :)

Much Love
Nicola
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:52:35 PM by Nicola Alexandra Hajdu »

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
In which you stop spaming a forum you do yourself a big favor to free your mind from contra productive concepts driven by ideologies. You don't have to resonate with everything but life can be so much easier and fair for everyone if we are willing to follow principles of the golden rule. I strongly believe they make sense, regardless from where somebody comes from. Try to enrich your life with a new productive purpose.

Much Love
Nicola