Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: Slow down MIDI data in real time  (Read 1793 times)

Offline petrus60

• View Profile
Slow down MIDI data in real time
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know if it possible to slow down the MIDI signal as it is being played (not after it has been recorded). I feel sure there ought to be a way of doing this possibly through a third party plugin for either Mac or iOS, but despite much Googling haven't found a solution yet... Any help much appreciated.

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
Re: Slow down MIDI data in real time
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:10 PM »
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know if it possible to slow down the MIDI signal as it is being played (not after it has been recorded). I feel sure there ought to be a way of doing this possibly through a third party plugin for either Mac or iOS, but despite much Googling haven't found a solution yet... Any help much appreciated.

Hi Petrus!

IF your question relates with tempo itself then automating the tempo of the DAW, to a specific desired value comes in my mind. This will not reduce the value of the incoming fluctuation of course. Hint: http://support.midisprout.com/index.php?topic=325.msg466#msg466

Just in case you want to have more control about the notes then you might want to go for a Scale player plugin and for an Arpeggiator plugin of your choice to change the rate. Arpeggiator plugins allow to adjust a synced rate, which ranges between 1/1 to 1/128 or a free rate, which may range between 0.1 - 250 Hz.

If you use Propellerhead Reason then you might be interested in my previously explained workaround on: http://support.midisprout.com/index.php?topic=1484.msg1899#msg1899. I have to add that Reason's RPG-8 may be also worth a try, if you are a Reason user.

Much Love
Nicola
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:47:31 PM by Nicola Alexandra Hajdu »

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »
Also keep in mind that depending on the Soft or Hardware synthesizer's design you may have already available an inbuilt Appreciator to your disposal. And Arpeggios are based on rates as well, therefore how fast a defined range is played, so to speak.

Much Love
Nicola

Offline Willsonjamee1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:19:23 AM »
My MIDI signal has the same problem.