Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: DAWless use of MIDIsprout ?  (Read 322 times)

Offline randolf

• View Profile
DAWless use of MIDIsprout ?
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:14:23 PM »
Hi, while i await the arrival of my MIDIsprout, I thought I’d ask some questions.   
Is it possible to save a preset scale or “user” scale to the Midisprout hardware so when I’m out in the forest and the MIDIsprout is connected directly to my hardware synth, it will recall my saved scale ?

and sorry if this is covered in the manual.  I’m waiting patiently for it’s arrival :)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DAWless use of MIDIsprout ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:41:07 PM »
Hi Randolf,
You can find info on re-programming the chip / changing the scale here:

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: DAWless use of MIDIsprout ?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Randolf, it is easy to modify the code, but with that said it does take some skill and hardware to be able to 'easily' reprogram the board.

I have made some significant improvements to the code, and have added a tactile button which enables multiple scales to be chosen, but even my newest code doesn't yet 'save' selections like scale or midi channel to the eeprom.  It would only take a couple tests to get this up and running, though.  So if you are a programmer or have the hacking-bug then i'm sure you can get it all up and running on your Sprout by popping in a pushbutton attached to pin A1 and using the 'arduino shield' code which has a few extra modes like scaling and channel selection!