Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: Midisprout Shakuhachi and Dog  (Read 552 times)

Offline stevesciulli

• View Profile

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
Re: Midisprout Shakuhachi and Dog
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »
Looks like your Dog wants to join your music session with the plant together. Nicely done, you know to play your Shakuhachi flute. :) Did you use the MIDI-Sprout App as Instrument for your Plant to play with ?

Much Love
Nicola

Offline stevesciulli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:17:40 AM »
Hi Nicola - Thank you for the compliment. yes I was using the Midisprout app in this video.
Interesting thing: I can attach the Midisprout pads directly to the Shakuhachi and the Midisprout produces tones that are only within the range of the shakuhachi flute. Also when I blow into the flute and play melodies with the pads attached the midisprout appears to "play" harmonies with me. Beautiful and strange.

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:44 PM »
Steve, here is my humble guessing game: To the second situation, your instrument produces resonances while you use it. So the material of the Shakuhachi vibrates, thus the vibrating material is in resonance with your intended melodies. And for the mysterious first situation, i can only come up with the following assumption that the material is storing information, ...like a memory chip, a record, a tape band, a CD. So therefore the material of the Shakuhachi knows to remember the particular range & that get's picked up by MIDI-Sprout. I can't conclude any differently.

Much Love
Nicola