Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: MIDI-Sprout with Android  (Read 47 times)

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
MIDI-Sprout with Android
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
This thread tries to encourage Android Users to find working alternatives. I guess my alternative will be majority appeal to Musicians than End-Users yearning for a ready-to-use solution to just consume Plants music with MIDI-Sprout. Nevertheless, it may serve both target groups. Just recently i ordered an USB-MIDI interface called Creative Emu Xmidi 1X1 Usb Midi. With that i also required an Micro-B Male to USB A Female 2.0 3.0 P8M6, which has arrived today.

Regarding application, i decided to fetch a license for Caustic 3. I like it's concept, which kind of reminds me on Propellerhead Reason. I also could have picked up FL Mobile Studio or Music studio but i wanted a DAW which has everything i really need to record biofeedback data during my upcoming hiking sessions. The fancy sound design can happen anyway in the studio. I'm happy to announce that this lightweight mobile studio solution does work flawlessly. :)

Of course, you have to consider battery life on road. My Android is a Motorola Moto G2 (2nd) gen. There may be a few recommendable powerbanks & if i remember, i added them in my roundup on my Google+ account (should be accessible for guests as well). I bought Goobay Powerbank 10.0 from a localstore here in Austria, Vienna. Data Garden may have plans to offer a MIDI-Sprout APP sometime in the future, to relieve the burden on Users strictly focused on consumption.

Until then it never hurts to get the relevant hardware to be ready. Google Play has tons of either Software Synths or Samplers which won't give the average User to much headache. As an Artist we are striving for the creative path crafting our own soundsets to please the Creator in us. :) One more word referring to performance, i didn't expect heavy latency issues so the Creative Emu Xmidi 1X1 Usb Midi does a good job.

Much Love
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:46:27 AM by Nicola Alexandra Hajdu »