Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: MIDI iphone  (Read 392 times)

Offline Carletta

• View Profile
MIDI iphone
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:24:54 PM »
Hello, I just picked up my MIDI Sprout for iPhone today and have downloaded the iPhone app, attached all wiring and adjusted volume however there is no connection...the iPhone app says- "No MIDI Sprout signal detected"
What is my solution?  Thank you!

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: MIDI iphone
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:47 PM »
Make sure you are using the MIDI 'Input' plug attached to the Sprout, there are two MIDI cables on the iOS/MIDI device.  You likely have the wrong plug attached to the Sprout

Offline Carletta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 02:00:19 PM »
please be more specific
 I have the white cable plugged into the MIDI and the companion connectivity device to the cable for iPhone...

Offline Carletta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
the white cable I am referring to is marked IN- the MIDI lights up when turned on however the iPhone app still says there is no detection.  I should be able to touch the nodes with my fingers to test and this is not the case...

Offline martinscaiff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:58:41 AM »
Hi,

Yes I seem to have ta similar same issue. I connect to the Sprout using the white midi 'In' cable and a signal is there (lights on both sprout and iphone) but the app says ;No midi sprout signal detected'. I also cannot test the app with my finger.

thanks

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:05:39 AM »
I can not assist here as i use Android where everything is working fine. And i tried MIDI-Sprout on three different Android devices/OS versions.The described issue leaves enough room for wild speculations such,...

a) Iphone itself has something
b) there is a bug with a specific iOS version, which needs to be solved on the developer's side
c) or the iConnectMIDI1 fails at some point & needs to be replaced

MIDI-Sprout should be okey than lights are detected which proves activity.

Much Love
Nicola

Offline Rabab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »
I am having the same problem here but I also don't see any lights on the midi when I turn the nob on.