Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: Help with midisprout and snoize on Mac  (Read 98 times)

Offline lisamariehaley

• View Profile
Help with midisprout and snoize on Mac
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
I'm using the tutorial on connecting Midisprout to my MacBook air. I've followed along the video, can see my midisprout in snoize, checked all the boxes in snoize to receive data, and the midi sprout lites up when I touch the pads are per tutorial.. But i'm not getting/seeing any data points in snoize. Any suggestions? I'm using high sierra 10.13.4, which I believe is up to date enough. I've unplugged all other peripherals and restarted the computer.. Thank you for any guidance here.

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
Re: Help with midisprout and snoize on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »
As i don't have an IOS yet (still only on Windows), i might be not much of help but until some of the Mac Users chime in, i will share my thoughts on your dilemma. According to your description it sounds to me like either a failing MIDI-Interface/USB-MIDI Interface OR a failing USB slot.

Firstly, a noticeable number of Users experienced that most no-name USB-MIDI Interfaces don't work with MIDI-Sprout. Unfortunately you have to fetch a branded gear. In my case i can wholeheartedly recommend either NI Komplete Audio 6 or Creative-E-MU X-MIDI 1x1_Tab. Normally the iConnectMIDI1+ should work as well.

Secondly, i assume that you are an experienced User, so it can't be MIDI-Sprout connected with a wrong MIDI-port.

Otherwise if you need certainty then turn off your Macbook & disconnect your USB Hub etc... for 15 Minutes. IF your Macbook's battery is good in reach then take it out for 15 Minutes as well before you get it back & connect everything again. If this didn't help then wait for Sam or Data Garden to respond to you.

Much Love
Nicola
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:57:32 PM by Nicola Alexandra Hajdu »

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:51:06 PM »
The Sprout is the same as any general midi device, if you can see the device in Midi monitor and you are not getting any data then perhaps you have the wrong jack plugged in to the sprout. What midi USB device are you using?

Offline lisamariehaley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
Thank you both!
It was my laptop's USB.. not the sprout device. I took it into get checked out today.
Cheers,
Lisa