Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: iConnectMIDI1 Lightning to MIDI adapter - can I use a different interface?  (Read 215 times)

Offline TeresaK

• View Profile
I own a Focusrite Idock iTrack.  Can this be used instead of the iConnectMIDI1?

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Yes any iOS to MIDI adapter should work.  If you can see the iconnect in a synth app on your device, then you just need to connect the Sprout to the MIDI 'Input' of the iConnect and you should see MIDI on channel 1

Offline TeresaK

• View Profile
Thanks for your response.  I don't own a MIDISprout yet, so I can't check it out with the focusrite.  Is there any type of customer service rep to whom I can speak?

Offline Nicola Alexandra Hajdu

• View Profile
    • NAmbient Music
As you are asking for a rep support in advance,... this forum has been setup so the members can help each other. If this fails then either Sam or Data Garden might jump in to aid with support. Your question depends on with whom you are placing an order with. In my case, i did business with Sam twice because at one hand Data Garden was out of stock a longer period due MIDI-Sprout's increased popularity.

They had to extend their network. At the other hand i enjoyed to deal with Sam, as he quickly reacted to my questions via mail & helped me out with spare chips, which speaks for an excellent customer support & that is why i can wholeheartedly recommend Sam Cusumano. To be fair i don't know much about Data Garden's support quality yet but i'm sure they do cherish their customers as well.

Sam can also accept custom ideas, which means if someone has additional ideas like Bluetooth or WiFi integration then he is the guy to talk to. He also provides with Biodata Sonification Kit for those who love to build their MIDI-Sprout & he can program the chip by request. As far as i understand, Data Garden sells/manufacturers Sam's blueprint. Just recently, Sam has revealed that he isn't part of the Data Garden team any more, so for us outsiders, this seems to be a little confusing, i know.

Data Garden can provide with an iOS package & they released their first MIDI-Sprout APP for iOS (Android OS is in the works). I love both parties equally. They are clever & creative guys & love Art, Creativity & Mother Nature as much as i do. MIDI-Sprout itself doesn't require big maintenance but a good care, as it's beautifully designed cardboard casing is fragile. If you happen to have budgies as well, ...then don't allow them to sit & stay on your MIDI-Sprout. Their claws are able to leave tiny but noticeable scratches. :)

As luck would have it i own two MIDI-Sprouts by now. The 1st MIDI-Sprout required maintenance by myself. Sam's guidance encouraged me, he rocks!  :-[ :) I was to careless with a crazy experiment which involved a high-voltage device trying to capture pulsating anions in the air. This had interesting patterns but yeah, i wouldn't recommend to replicate this experiment UNLESS either Sam or Data Garden come up with secured electrode leads.  :-[

Much Love
Nicola

Offline desertskymc

• View Profile
i have used a Presonus itwo with the app and a Behringer Idock with an Ipad, both work however seem to trigger less activity than the iconnect with the ios app, I posted a video on my Clive Wright youtube channel related to these discoveries