Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Poll

Would you like to participate in a Group Purchase for MIDI Sprout Circuit boards?

While i have never soldered before, I am in for one(1) board!
2 (50%)
I scored a couple kits off the kickstarter, and I'm in for three(3) boards!
1 (25%)
I'm capable of sourcing my own parts and programming chips, I want ten(10) boards!
0 (0%)
Divvying up the boards and shipping to everyone is actually quite expensive and time consuming...
1 (25%)
Whatever, i'm just going to use OSH park...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 11:02:58 PM

Author Topic: Who's going to make a run of PCB's and enclosures?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline relaxing

• View Profile
Who's going to make a run of PCB's and enclosures?
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:03:21 PM »
Group buy anyone???

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: Who's going to make a run of PCB's and enclosures?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:43 PM »
You raise a great point.  If there is an interest in a group purchase, I also am looking to get a few boards.  Using OSHpark.com has been a great experience for me (and i highly recommend them for developers and hobbyists)

Let me try to figure out how to do a 'poll' asking "how many boards do you want" and we can see the response over the next couple weeks.  I can imagine that Kit users may want a board (and a cardboard enclosure) for their Sprout.  I'll make a Tutorial video on soldering to the MIDI Sprout circuit board from the kit parts (only missing part is the switch!)

Of course, the best part of open source is that you can roll your own boards 'now' on a cnc, perhaps photo transfer, or right through OSHpark:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/4GkxixPl

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:03:44 PM by sam »

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: Who's going to make a run of PCB's and enclosures?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »
Just send me an email (click on my name) and I'll try to send a board or two over 'by special request'.  Honestly, the 3 board deal from OSHpark is pretty good even if you just want one board.

Also the only 'special' component not included in the kit is the switched potentiometer which can be easily substituted using any panel mount switch and it would be simple to use the potentiometer included in the kit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:32:52 PM by sam »