Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: MIDI Sprout Tools looks....odd  (Read 1221 times)

Offline znzn

• View Profile
MIDI Sprout Tools looks....odd
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »
I am running OSX 10.9.5, PD version o.46.7

I can email you a larger photo of what MID Sprout Tools looks like on my laptop, but it is funked up.  The dials are not visible.
I see schematics all over the place within MIDIfilter_003.pd   The leaf has no lights or interactivity.

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: MIDI Sprout Tools looks....odd
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
I would suggest using PD extended https://puredata.info/downloads/pd-extended  which contains all of the extended libraries and tools for the knobs.

But you should be able to run the 'self contained' MIDI Sprout Tools v003 patch on OS X without problems.  Windows users need to use the zip'd PD files.

Offline znzn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »
That worked great, all good.  Thank You!!!  I was also prompted to instal XQuartz.   http://www.xquartz.org/

Offline sam

• Sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:39:41 AM »
Very glad that you have the Tools working.  It is a fun patch, and working with PureData (pdextended) is a very cool tool.

Try clicking the two buttons at the top right corner of the Tools window, to reset the colorful tree and for a little 'extra' light show!

Offline znzn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Light show is on! I have this set up at work.  I ask people to touch the plant when they come into
my office.  They look at me strangely, but then they hear their bio feedback and immediately love it.

Offline prztz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »
wuddup brotha. I'm trying to download midi sprout tools but link is broken. any chance you fix that please? tks a lot.

Offline sam

• Sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:35:44 PM »
oh yes as you well know my friend links do change. I changed my entire structure for my website, so anything that's not sitting in my GitHub probably isn't going to link back. Based on your note I'll try to upload to my GitHub this weekend for the mini Sprout tools. Here try this link electricityforprogress.com/DataGarden/pd/