Welcome to the MIDI Sprout forum

Author Topic: "field recording"  (Read 978 times)

Offline spacedumpster

• View Profile
"field recording"
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:05:30 PM »
Just got my sprout a few days ago and I couldn't be happier!

Here's a little something played by a mosaic puffball who lives a few doors down from me, mixed with a bit of noise for some grit. :)

https://soundcloud.com/spacedumpster/mycophonica

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
Re: "field recording"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:20 AM »
Thank you for sharing, I really like the LFO as it comes in and out.  What sensitivity level was the Knob set to?

Offline spacedumpster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:20:46 AM »
Fantastic question to which I do not know the answer! Did not realize the knob worked on a continuum , but, now that I think of it, why else would it be a knob!? :P this will no doubt change the way I approach my biodata recording sessions in the future. I am so unbelievably happy with my sprout and am finding myself nerding out over circuits and programming more than I ever would've expected. I suspect I will be bugging you with technical questions as I delve deeper into all this magic!

Offline sam

• Sam
  • Understand How Your Tools Work!
    • View Profile
    • Electricity for Progress
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:56:24 AM »
Excellent!  Please bring all of your experiences and questions to the table.  I very much wanted to make this project into something which provides a significant 'awe factor', while at the same time making the technique and technology completely accessible.  Once you delve into microcontrollers and programming, with all of the excellent resources and devboards available today, there is nothing which you can not build or repair!

cheers!